Our Utility client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Construction Analyst for a 12-month contract opportunity.
- Preparation and maintenance of project/portfolio budget summaries by tracking actuals, updating forecasts, and reporting variances on a regular basis.
- Cost tracking of Engineering Construction capital projects. Forecasting the project capital cost.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to initiate and close capital accounts.
- Preparation and maintenance of Alliance Partner KPI reports. Ensure contractors are compliant with the Alliance Partner project controls process.
- Issue CARS numbers to Alliance Partners.
- Analysis of Alliance Partner tracking/forecasting reports.
- Prepare journal entries and accruals for finance.
- Support the creation of project job binders and training binders.
- Monitoring of EHS Contractor oversight process for Engineering.
- Manage Service Request Orders in SAP for Engineering department.
- Maintain project manager estimating tools.
- Update and maintain departmental process and procedures.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree with related background in business administration or accounting.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be a self-starter and eagerness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationship with Union’s project managers and its contractors.
- Capability to handle multiple projects in established deadlines while managing priorities and stakeholder expectations.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with SAP
- Accounting or finance experience/education
- Experience working on construction projects in the utilities or oil & gas sectors would be considered an asset, but not required.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.