Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Junior Project Manager to work on distribution projects for a pole replacement program specifically focusing on identifying program exceptions and analyzing cost and schedule variances for different pole projects. This is a 12-month contract located in Vancouver British Columbia.
What you will be doing…
- Management of financial and schedule exceptions with an objective of tracking and resolving them to reduce overall program risk.
What you will need to succeed…
- A minimum five (5) years of project management experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline (Bachelor’s degree in engineering is an asset).
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
- Communication skills.
- Analytical abilities.
- Organizational skills will be important strengths for the successful candidate to have.
- Software skills required will include SAP and Excel, Tableau would be real asset, and SAM/DAD (GIS software).
- Passport use will come with the role.
- Familiarity with Distribution Design would be an asset.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.