Lead Hand Overhead Crane Installer
- Burlington, Ontario
- $26 to $35 per hour depending on experience
- Permanent, Full Time
- Monday to Friday, Days
- Company Vehicle and Tools provided
- Must have Mechanical, Hoisting and Rigging experience
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a well-established and leading solutions provider of Material Handling Equipment. They have a large inventory of cranes and provide installations and service to their clients. They have experienced tremendous growth and need an experienced Crane Installer to join their team and lead a crew.
As their new Installer, you have a background in Heavy Machinery moving and installation. You’re mechanically and electrically inclined along with structural welding and fitting experience. You like working in heavy duty trades, don’t mind working 50 hours a week and able to maintain a positive attitude when having to overcome a challenge.
You will be…
- Travel by vehicle to job sites daily for installation of overhead cranes, hoists, and other material handling equipment.
- Erect overhead crane and hoists and other parts necessary as per work order
- Give Helper Crane Installer duties and responsibilities while on job site
- Able to work after regular business hours in order to complete work.
- Work at heights on large steel structures.
- Maneuver and position large pieces of steel together.
- Remain current with industry standards and products and services.
- Ensure company’s and customer’s safety policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Working in a fast pace environment without sacrificing quality and safety.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Test all installed equipment for proper performance prior to leaving customer facility
- Maintain and upkeep inventory on company truck and have knowledge and understanding parts
- Communicate in real-time with Manager if problem occurs with the scope of work
- Desire to further develop mechanical skills and learn new techniques in order to work in a more efficient manner.
- Accurately complete inspection reports and daily timesheets, submitting on a timely basis
Why this is the right job for you…
- 5 years of working experience erecting structural steel equipment
- Certification of Qualification in 433A Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) or 420A Ironworker or 437A Metal Fabricator preferred or equivalent hands-on experience
- CWB SMAW All Position or equivalent experience
- Full G license with a Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Flexible to work overtime and on weekends if required
- Capable of physically demanding work (lifting and pushing on steel, standing for long periods of time, climbing, working at heights over 3 meters)
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work well independently, under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Positive person that is approachable with strong communication skills and excellent customer service
- Able to maintain a commitment to safety at all times
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.