- Hamilton, Ontario
- Temp-to-Perm (Working Interview)
- $28 to $35 per hour
- OT Daily after 8 hours
- Days, must be flexible for OT
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading Millwright and Fabrication Contractor that works in a variety of Industries that is looking to bring on several Journeyman Millwrights to keep up with their customer demands. This position would be starting as a Working Interview to ensure that this is the right fit for you as well as for them but make no mistake, if this is a great fit it will become a permanent position.
As their new Journeyman Millwright, you will enjoy working in a diverse position that will allow for you to work in a team as well as independently. You will be able to put your troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills to the test. Machinery moving, installations, service and repairs, shift coverage, shutdowns and emergencies are all a part of what you could be doing. Some are large projects which would mean being at the same site for a while, other times it could be one day at a site; it would be within a reasonable travel distance of the shop.
You will be…
- Perform repairs to machinery and plant support systems including pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical repairs
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance
- Installation of new machinery and relocation of existing machinery
- Working independently or part of a team
- Adhering to company and client’s safety protocols
Why this is the right job for you…
- Licensed 433A Journeyman Millwright or equivalent level of experience
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Proven experience with Hoisting, Rigging and Machinery moving
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills required.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to safety
- Comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.