We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Plant Engineer, Mechanical
Resume Due Date: Thursday December 19, 2019
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 12 months
Location: Thunder Bay OR Etobicoke (Kipling) OR Niagara (base location is optional, however; must be willing to travel to all locations)
- Performs inspections, assessments, detailed drawings and prepares technical specifications.
- Acts as an owner engineering.
- Prepares reports and construction reviews.
- Responsible for project planning (scoping, estimating cost, engineering and labour).
- Travel across OPG sites is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Mechanical Engineering.
- P.Eng Licence (Ontario).
- 5-8 years of hydroelectric experience.
- Hydroelectric sluicegates and emergency sectional gate design specification, procurement and construction.
- Powerhouse Machine Room Crane, Intake Gantry Craner Tail Race Deck Crane assessment, replacement.
- Station/Sump oil water separator systems design and construction.
- Elevator Assessment and specifications of modifications/refurbishment.
- Generating station piping system assessment, design construction (station service compressed air, domestic water, fire water).