Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Construction Manager to be responsible for safe and efficient execution in compliance with the approved plans, contracts, standards, technical requirements, laws, and engineering design requirements. This is a 12-month contract located in Lloydminster with some travel required.
How you will bring value…
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the engineering phases of a project from a construction perspective. You will be responsible for developing the Construction Execution Plan, and Construction Work Packages by use of corporate templates. You will support key project deliverables or activities such as, the contract formation activities, technical document reviews, and constructability reviews.
What you will be doing…
- Issue accurate construction progress reporting and perform quantity surveys on a regular basis.
- Communicate on a regular basis any issues or constraints with recommendations to mitigate those, all of which that may have project impact related to construction activities, safety, costs and schedule.
- Provide site leadership and communicate a clear vision that generates commitment and support from all field employees, workers and contractors.
- Develop and instill a strong safety culture and quality expectation that adheres to corporate standards and procedures.
- Serve as the key interface point and coordination between the construction contractor, field team, project management, operations, and other third parties.
- Implement and adhere to the client’s Construction Standards and Procedures.
- Proactively identify constructability issues and provide mitigation recommendations.
- Lead the morning meetings that promote safety, a daily plan, communication of critical information, and addressing concerns or constraints that arise.
- Attend contractor daily meetings, tool-box meetings, construction progress meetings and other scheduled project meetings that required for the success of the project.
- Actively plan, manage, and evaluate resources to ensure adequate oversight and competency of construction activities.
- Ensure the client and contractor constraints are addressed by use of processes and procedures.
- Submitting AER and MER pipeline construction and hydrotest notifications for midstream pipeline projects.
- Attend and actively participate in project close-out and lessons learned activities.
Additionally, the Construction Manager is accountable for site Health, Safety and Environment by actively promoting HSE excellence and the HSE vision that builds a strong culture. Demonstrate site safety leadership, and commitments to exceed HSE objectives. Those responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement and adhere to HSE Management System and approved project specific HSE plans.
- Ensure the competency of all field personnel and processes are in place for the achievement of HSE objectives.
- Enforce and comply with legislative OH&S requirements including prime contractor responsibilities.
- Challenge unsafe behaviors and correct inappropriate HSE performance. Recognize individuals that have positively impacted the HSE.
- Support and participate in emergency response planning and drills. Ensure clear knowledge incident management protocols.
- Coordinate and ensure all permitting and licensing is in place and verify construction activities are compliant with regulatory bodies.
- Comply with Environment and Regulatory requirements, including but not limited to – Ministry of Economy, AER, NEB, TSASK, ABSA, SaskPower, OH&S – SK/AB, and applicable CSA.
The Construction Manager is also responsible for site quality by actively promoting quality excellence and expectation to exceed the project requirements. Those responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all QA/QC plans are approved and in place prior to field execution.
- Adhere to the client’s Quality Assurance Plan.
- Audit the implementation of the contractor Quality Management System and Quality Control Plan.
- Audit the field implementation of documented processes, standards and procedures.
- Formal AER and MER notification of pipeline construction and hydrotests.
- Witness Hydro-testing and sign-off clearance in accordance with technical requirements.
- Ensure and document that correct material is being installed as per engineering requirements.
- Ensure inspections are implemented in accordance with project requirements.
- Conduct periodic field assessments on all disciplines to ensure compliance with procedures and technical standards.
- Participate in construction walkdowns and assist in the creation of punch list.
- Facilitate TCCC with C&SU.
- Ensure that the NCR/PAR/CAR (quality management database) is implemented for all activities.
- Ensure that progress Turn-Over is initiated and completed successfully.
What you will need to succeed…
- Heavy industrial experience (Oil & Gas, Mining, Nuclear).
- Multidisciplinary experience in support of ongoing capital as well as enhancement projects.
- Multi-year project experience as an Owners Construction Manager.
- Able to build and develop Construction Execution Plans in accordance with company standards.
- Effectively manage a direct team of 10 in addition to multi-disciplined contractors.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.