We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer who will be responsibility of the Electrical Hardware Design Engineer is to participate in the design, development, test and qualification of IFEC LRU products to satisfy our customers and meet market demands (competitive in size, weight power, performance, are reliable, maintainable, replaceable, and repairable). He/she is responsible to perform a subset of all the electrical design, development and test engineering activities required for HW solution/product. Participates in co-engineering activity with the HW, SW and System engineering teams for a 10 months contract assignment in Melbourne, FL.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures Electrical design HW Engineering activity management within constraints provided by the HwEM
- Responsible for the completion of a set of engineering tasks within the committed cost, schedule, performance and quality. The related tasks may cover part or all the range of activities regarding customer needs, mission, function, architectural design, and life cycle of the hardware solution (requirements and specialty engineering, design, development, integration and verification).
- Ensure that electrical design engineering aspects of projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner and will integrate efforts from various functional groups to accomplish goals.
- Provides the technical interface to key subcontractors and customers
- Participates in comprehensive design reviews with engineering team and manufacturing partners to confirm that electrical design parameters, cost and manufacturability requirements have been met.
- Writes the technical specifications, documents to make sure the electrical design meets the customer, manufacturing and system design requirements.
- Approximately 5%, domestic and international travel
- Employee shall maintain a current and valid passport
- Minimum 3-10 years' experience in Electrical embedded hardware design for high speed digital and analog communications systems
- Previous experience in avionics electrical design, development and documentation.
- DO-160 FAA certification experience and FCC certification experience is highly desirable.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a multicultural team with varied degrees of experience.
- Must be self-starter and motivated to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good technical written and oral skills.
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Experience using digital test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer, Emulator, Debuggers, etc.
- Requires experience using schematic capture and layout viewer (ORCAD, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, PCAD, etc.)
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD design concepts.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.