We are seeking a MicroServices Engineer for the biometric identity solution R&D team located in Pasadena, CA for a 6 months contract, working closely with colleagues and customers throughout the full software development life cycle, you will analyse requirements, design software components, develop software product and implement integrated software and systems solutions.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
- Work with software architect, software engineers, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build required software systems that meet customer requirements.
- Research on the latest technologies and propose innovative designs for software products.
- Develop server applications for multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX, etc.
- Document the detailed design and write unit testing plan.
- Serve as a key member of new system development projects.
- Understand and adhere to the design and coding procedures and standards.
- Provide third-level support for operational issues.
- Participate in agile software development with Scrum.
- Prepare training material for the solution’s administration and operation, provide these trainings to trainers or end-users.
- Ensure a good level of maintainability and re usability of the software components developed.
- Ensure compliancy of the produced software with international or national standards or other regulations.
- Minimum 5 year of work related software development experience (including internships).
- Experience in Java system design and development, familiar with Java development tools and frameworks such as Eclipse IDE, JPA, Spring framework, Message Queue programming.
- Experience in Microservice development and comprehensive knowledge in Docker technology and Kubernetes usage.
- Relational DBMS related experience.
- Have knowledge of C and/or C++ language; be able to understand large volumes of C/C++ source code.
- Client-server system integration experience or knowledge.
- Familiar with network programming using TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, POP3/SMTP etc.
- Familiar with various operating systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Linux and other UNIX variants.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Must be fully autonomous in completing an assignment and in applying technologies.
- Must be a great team player and enjoy working in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints (Able to work under pressure).
- Customer oriented and results oriented with strong process and execution skills.
- Biometric identification industry experience or knowledge is a plus.
- Master's degree in Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Computer Software Engineering; Computer and Information Sciences or other Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics disciplines is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree Required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.