We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Contract – Vendor Oversight
Resume Due Date: Tuesday January 7, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
IRI is currently involved projects that support Pickering Extension to support continued operation until 2024 and for Darlington Refurbishment. These projects involve use of Construction contractors for labour and field execution, while IRI provides technical oversight and project management.
- Support the Project Managers for each contract by providing oversight of Construction contractor preparations and activities.
- Oversee Construction contractor work planning and execution to ensure compliance to all applicable safety requirements.
- Review all costs from Construction contractor and ensure all charges (labour and purchases) are correct and appropriate, and address discrepancies.
- Establish and execute an oversight plan to independently verify key information pertaining to the contract such as personnel, qualifications, working schedule and safety requirements. Verification can be performed directly, or from information gathered by other assigned personnel.
- Support in the Development of commercial strategy for effective delivery of the program in a manner that supports Ontario Power Generation’s (OPG’s) long term objectives.
- Promoting an effective commercial relationship and ensuring adherence to contract terms by both parties.
- Report as required on developments and status.
- OHSA and associated regulations including Construction Regulations, Industrial Regulations, Confined Spaces, Designated Substances, WHIMIS, Roles and duties of a supervisor.
- Minimum 10 years multi-disciplines experience in Construction work in the province of Ontario.
- Recent (within 5 years) project experience within OPG Nuclear or in Nuclear Industry and asset.
- Recent (within 5 years) experience with contracting out work (construction or technical services) such that they understand the contract management process an asset.
- Non-nuclear industry experience in contract management will be considered.
- Has acted as a contract administrator or participated in any oversight or contract management activities related to technical and/or construction contracts. Related or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Has held a leadership role in a project environment in the last 5 years (e.g. MTL, project manager, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to exercise personal authority to influence others (above and below them).
- Demonstrated ability to work on a multitude of tasks in a parallel timeframe (i.e. multi-task).
- Strong communication and verbal skills, including the ability to interface with external agencies.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering Drawings.
- Computer knowledge.