Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Senior Business Development Advisor to provide support to the business unit for commercial work within the scope of the team around midstream and other business units. This is a 12-month contract located in Calgary with some occasional travel to Houston, Texas.
How you will bring value…
You are a driven, independent, results-oriented and precise individual who is an excellent communicator (presenter, listener, verbal and writing skills), collaborative (high expectations), respectful, constant, self-motivated, a natural leader, a team player and agile to change. You will also have experience with commercial, midstream, Crude/Product quality, testing methodologies, commodities and have a good understanding of economics and knowledge on how to build and progress business cases.
What you will be doing…
- Identify, develop, recommend and execute business development opportunities to improve midstream asset functionality and connectivity, in line with the development plan. Negotiate necessary agreements and amendments.
- Ensure the successful transportation of diluent supply to and diluted bitumen (dilbit) export from the thermal heavy oil facility by third-party midstream providers. Hold the primary external relationships with these companies.
- Develop and maintain a midstream asset development plan that supports the growth of the thermal heavy oil facility, taking into consideration regional industry pipeline development and growth. Provide midstream input to asset planning, budgeting, and reporting processes.
- Build and lead comprehensive business cases and present well-articulated, concise recommendations to senior management.
- Lead framing, evaluating and progressing opportunities through collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Independently complete project evaluations.
- Identify commercial optimization strategies and lead their successful implementation.
- Provide value assurance of deal proposals.
- Attend several industry forums to understand issues and influence internally and externally.
What you will need to succeed…
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Commerce or Engineering.
- Masters Degree in Business is an asset.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in the oil and gas industry in midstream space.
- Minimum 7 years experience in Commercial/Business Development.
- Exceptional Communication Skills (external, internal, impromptu, and management).
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Financial, Economical and Decisional Analysis.
- Understanding the client’s Project Delivery Model or exposure to Project Management.
- Experience in economic analysis and writing business.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS-OFFICE suite.
- Must be eligible to travel to the USA.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.