We are looking for a Legal Entity Controller, for a contract opportunity with one of our clients. Working onsite, they will be responsible for overseeing and participating in the book close, financial analytics, statutory reporting, coordination of local audits, balance sheet reviews & reconciliations.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual IFRS reporting in accordance with Corporate submission deadlines including: trial balance review, review of all balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis against prior year and budget, responding to Corporate queries and participation in submission reviews by Legal Entity to support SMART reporting, in conjunction with Corporate General Ledger team.
- Review and approval of various supplemental IFRS and statutory reporting documents, where applicable.
- Facilitate requests from Business Units as part of monthly closing process.
- Responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of local country statutory reporting (statutory accounts, corporate income tax returns, Sales & Use tax, GST/PST/HST returns and claims) in conjunction with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare income tax & deferred tax provisions for IFRS reporting and local income tax calculations in conjunction with internal and external tax advisors.
- Coordinate local statutory audit process including supplying information based on auditor’s requests, meeting with external auditors, status reporting and facilitating corporate review.
- Prepare and provide financial statements to external and internal tax teams.
- Preparation and submission of statistical reports for different entity types.
- Working with Corporate Controllers Group, implement and maintain accounting systems, procedures, accounting policies and internal controls across the NAM Region, recommending and leading improvements where necessary.
- Monitor payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting functions through working together and leveraging Global Process Owners (GPOs) in the Central Corporate group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Qualified member of a recognized accountancy body including: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA highly desired.
- At least 7 years’ experience in financial accounting and reporting environment – multi-national experience preferred.
- Experience in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Experience with preparation and review of external financial statements.
- Experience in running local GAAP to Tax reconciliations and Tax ledger.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong financial analytics experience.
- Ability to work both independently and as team member.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Critical problem-solving skills.
- Controls focused, experience in audit or controls preferred.
- Strong understanding of local Accounting Standards/GAAP and IFRS Standards.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams is required.
- Ability to travel, approximately 25%.