Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Turnaround Scheduler to provide scheduling functions for camp maintenance staff and associated contractors using the tools, processes, and procedures that are part of the client’s Turnaround Planning Process (TAPP).
How you will bring value…
In this role you will strategically schedule Turnaround maintenance activities and scheduling task lists prepared by the Turnaround Planners. You will liaison with all site personnel to ensure that right work is being done at the right time using the right resources in the safest, most fiscally responsible and efficient manner. As part of the Turnaround Planning Team you will support the overall preparation and the safe and successful execution of the 2020 Turnaround.
What you will be doing…
- Collaborate with all other Sunrise Department personnel to develop strategies, processes, procedures, work flows, practices and KPI's.
- Build individual task lists in SAP for attachment to Turnaround work orders and scheduling in GWOS/STO.
- Prioritize, plan, develop and schedule multi trade Turnaround maintenance and integrated capital project activities to be completed during the Turnaround window (PJP's).
- Build Turnaround PJP's for action by turnaround execution resources including contractors.
- Strategically schedule all Turnaround work orders/task lists for the most efficient use of resources and time, leveraging all possible efficiencies.
- Adhere to the Turnaround Planning Process.
- Capture, order and reserve all material requirements for each job plan.
- Monitor and ensure a high standard of data integrity in SAP including the WBS/AFE structure, equipment master and material master data.
- Provide input to Procurement to develop the Turnaround Contracting strategy as well as work scopes for service contract RFP's, bid evaluation and awards.
- Working closely with HSE, Maintenance, operations, Asset Integrity and engineering personnel to set turnaround priorities, resolve execution issues and provide leadership in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Contribute to the construction and assembly of both the electronic and hard copy Turnaround manuals.
- Manage Turnaround work orders with proper coding and status updates.
- Provide support to engineering in developing estimates for project execution.
- Participate in cost tracking exercises.
- Preparation and assembly of the necessary documentation and drawings required to send equipment off site for repairs and holding vendors to strict guidelines regarding deliverables.
- Monitoring, updating and issuance of the daily turnaround schedule during the execution phase.
- Ensure the timely scheduling and execution of both pre and post turnaround trade activities.
- Participate in post turnaround review and lessons learned exercises.
What you will need to succeed…
- High School Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years as a Trade Journeyman Red Seal, Certified Engineering Technologist, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years' concurrent experience in a Turnaround Planning role.
- Understanding of the job functions of the trades (Pipefitting, Instrumentation, Electrical, Millwrights, Scaffolding, Insulation, Welding).
- Experience in T/A Scheduling using Primavera or other T/A/ Project Scheduling Platforms.
- Working Experience with SAP – PM, MM Modules.
- P&ID Reading capabilities.
- 10 years in a Maintenance role in the oil and Gas, Petrochemical or Wood industry.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point).
Nice to Haves
- Planning Certification.
- Experience with Prometheus GWOS or STO or other T/A software programs definite assets.
- MS Project.
- Livelink – (HDMS/DM)
- Any Trade related engineering or technical certification.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.