We are looking for an Electrical Engineer for one of our largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan. Working with a variety of internal teams, they will be responsible for design and project engineering for site electrical power, lighting, pressure and temperature instruments, HVAC, electrical valve actuators and SCADA equipment.
- Electrical System Design/Installation for Hazardous Locations/Oil and Gas Facilities in compliance with the National Electrical Code/NFPA 70
- Design/interpretation of AC and DC electrical Schematics
- Product/process research.
- Field technical support during construction.
- Specification drafting and review
- Coordination and communication with multiple internal and external groups and / or service providers is a must.
- Preparation of bid packages/request for proposal (RFP) documentation and evaluation of construction contractor proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or associate degree OR Alternative degrees (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) will be considered with relevant experience.
- 3+ plus years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Electrical Construction practices
- Strong and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Practical work experience as an electrician or equipment technician.
- Professional Engineer license
- Knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)