Do you want to work for one of the largest “Utility” companies? They are currently looking for an “Project Engineer” to support their facility in Melville, NY. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Serve as a Project Engineer supporting the development, design, and implementation of complex projects for our natural gas assets.
Develop engineering designs for Natural Gas Transmission and Distribution Pipelines, Pressure Regulating Stations, Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) plants and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) facilities and fueling stations.
- Work with contracted engineers to develop designs for large-scale complex projects.
- Ensure installations are in accordance with federal, state, and local codes as well as National Grid policies and procedures.
- Ensure the design process and installation are in accordance with National Grid Process Safety policies and procedures.
- Support the development of project estimates and other project-related documentation.
- Identify and acquire the necessary permits and authorizations for the project.
- Specify and order non-stock materials.
- Review, approve, and document Certified Material Test Records.
- Write technical specifications and scopes of work for bid events to support the Procurement process.
- Review engineering related RFIs and submittals during construction.
Supervisory / Interpersonal Experience Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across organizations within National Grid, as well as interfacing with external stakeholders and permitting authorities.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Technology degree from an ABET accredited or equivalent engineering school.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant technical engineering experience.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects within budget and time constraints.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Project Engineer professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.