Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Turnaround Finance Administrator for the preparation and execution of the 2020 Turnaround. The individual will liaise with various corporate and on-site departments to assure the strategic management of allocation of costs to the appropriate AFE structure. They will work hand in hand with Turnaround Administrator, and planning lead in the execution of their duties. This is a Fly in /Fly out role with a 7 on, 7 off, 12 hours per day rotation.
What you will be doing…
- Create and update spreadsheets of daily transactions.
- Manage accounts receivable and payables.
- Maintain reports on financial metrics.
- Keep records of invoices and daily time sheets.
- Identify and address account discrepancies.
- Report on financial projections for month, quarter and annual.
- Work with the Turnaround Management team to develop and report daily progress and projections on Key Performance Indicators.
- Lead the tracking and reporting of various financial related action items and initiatives.
- Create and manage AFE and budgets with tracking and reporting on regular basis.
- Provide updates on Planned vs Actuals. Monitor CPI (cost performance index) for TA.
- Report the turnaround burn rate on daily or shift basis.
- Extract reports and data from SAP and build the summary report for overall expenditure. Reporting on Spotfire or any other tool (Excel etc).
- Provide inputs in Financial KPIs and track progress identifying initiatives that can improve efficiencies.
- Work in liaison with various turnaround interfaces to capture and appropriate funds and expenditure in coordination with Finance.
- Provide input and feedback to Finance as and when requested.
- Develop spreadsheets for tracking of manhours.
- Establish a system to track the time on LEMS and invoicing in coordination with the contractors.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors to timely invoice and follow up on pending invoices.
What you will need to succeed…
- Proven work experience as a Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant or similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions).
- SAP knowledge and ability to get Financial reports.
- 5 years’ experience working in cost control.
- Time-management and organization skills.
- Experience in SAP.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an operating facility.
- Experience in operations/turnaround finance.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, follow up and meet.
Nice to Haves
- Basic knowledge of MS Access is an asset.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.