Our client who is based in Downtown Toronto is looking for an Information Security Operations Analyst to join their small, but dynamic team, and play a critical role in the analysis and maintenance of the security and integrity of their data network.
This position requires an understanding of Information Systems as they relate to the security and the protection of sensitive data and you would have acquired this experience over the past 3-5 years of your career.
The position offers an excellent base salary, 100% medical and dental benefits that will start from Day One and an annual bonus scheme. If this sounds interesting then please review the requirements of the role and the experience you would need to bring to the position to be successful.
Required technical skills and Duties
• Ability to analyze and identify security solutions based on the latest industry best practices
• Familiar with various malware categories, their characteristics, and network-based indicators of compromise
• Experience with networking vulnerabilities and exploit methods such as DDoS, XSS attacks, SQL injection and how to recognize attacks in-progress
• Experience with dynamic and static web application assessments
• Solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10
• Experience performing incident triage, analysis, response, and remediation for computer network intrusions, web application and server attacks, insider threats, and malware infections
• Progressive knowledge of Next Gen Firewalls such as Palo Alto Networks, FortiNet, or Forcepoint. Hands on experience with one in this list is strongly preferred.
• Hands on experience with logging, monitoring, and alarming technologies such as Wireshark, Splunk, Tenable Nessus, or SolarWinds.
• Hands on experience using and reviewing the results from compliance scanning tools such as Nessus.
• Experience designing and implementing DLP and Endpoint Protection solutions
• Strong understanding of enterprise-level networks, networking protocols, devices, and architecture
• Hands-on experience with technologies including but not limited to; VMWare, Networking, Linux administration and Windows Administration
• Experience with mock or real security breach discovery and management
• Demonstrated leadership abilities; i.e. experience taking ownership of problems and working on projects involving multiple resources.
• An understanding of the importance of securing sensitive information as well as ensuring the integrity of the systems being administered;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and interact effectively with technical professionals as well as users and others who are non-technical experts;
• Strong customer service orientation, with a demonstrated ability to listen and understand, and to establish and maintain effective relationships with users;
• High level of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to follow problems through to resolution;
• Initiative and creativity to develop new approaches or solutions;
• Ability to work independently and take accountability for the quality of work;
• Equally able to work effectively and collaboratively as a team member, sharing information and ideas in a timely manner;
• Ability to plan and manage time effectively, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment;
• Ability and commitment to acquire new skills and improve knowledge and competencies
• Availability outside of business hours to help troubleshoot critical production issues.
While a College-level Diploma or University Degree in a related field would be preferred our client is more interested in your hands on work experience within Information Security and your ability to work within a small team, not be afraid to take on different challenges and help them maintain the integrity of their systems
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.