The Fire Protection Specialist is required to apply fire protection principles to ensure that Bruce Power is prepared for, can respond to, and recover from those events which have been assessed as risks to Bruce Power’s nuclear, commercial and business operations.
The duties will involve supporting Fire Protection Program Manager in developing Fire Prevention Strategies, Documents, Checklists, Metric to be implemented by Bruce Power Staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Skills and Knowledge:
- Requires knowledge of fire codes and standards, fire prevention, fire protection and fire suppression systems in a nuclear industry.
- Requires the ability to prepare effective recommendations based on findings, root cause determination, and past experience, in order to determine what course of action is required to achieve desired results.
- A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
Education and Experience:
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training in a Bachelor of Science Degree in Fire and Safety Engineering Technology training (Grade XII pIus 4 years) or by having the equivalent level of education. (Mechanical, Civil Engineering)
- Requires practical experience working with fire codes and standards, fire prevention, fire protection and fire suppression systems in a large industrial or commercial environment to identity and assess the various aspects fire hazards. A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.