We are seeking an IT Helpdesk consultant who will be responsible for maintaining the client’s end user working environments that includes desktop & laptops, telephone handsets, printers and other peripherals for a 6 months contract assignment in Irvine, CA.
Our client is a multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Closely monitor ticket queue to provide quality assurance of tickets in progress. Responds to and resolves client inquiries concerning systems operation within established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Answer technical and how to use inquiries.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Document all end user requests and interactions in ticketing system completing all steps as defined.
- Provide technical account management for customers resolving issues and escalating when appropriate.
- Provide fast response and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Provides reports to management.
- Track all open requests in the ticketing system and document all actions taken.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve requests utilizing RDP, BigFix Remote Control, VPN Software, etc.
- Build and maintain knowledge base and document procedures.
- Document and manage Product Development issues to resolution.
- Troubleshoot all inquiries regarding systems, hardware, software and operator problems.
- Instruct users in the use of equipment, software, hardware and peripherals via telephone or email.
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
- High level of integrity with strong work ethic
- PC hardware troubleshooting and repair skills required
- Knowledge of DNS, FTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, LDAP required
- Proficient with Windows XP, Win7 operating systems and Microsoft Office required
- Certifications in Windows system management is a plus
- Ability to react to high priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow through
- Ability to balance priorities and work alone or a team equally well
- Ability to travel to office and data center locations for onsite support, as needed
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good organization and project management skills with attention to details
- Ability to document solutions and train other staff
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of IP networking and SAN/NAS concepts.
Applicants with GED or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.