Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Senior Materials Clerk to receive, collate, and issue materials for multiple projects, as well as assure that material is in compliance with the client specifications. This is an 11-month contract located in Prince George, British Columbia.
What you will be doing…
- Checks prepared material requisitions such as purchase and authorization orders against the construction drawings to assure that all materials have been ordered correctly and that proper material changes have been made according to any drawing revisions.
- Check all materials received from the Stores Department and vendors for correctness and condition of materials. Maintain the necessary records for these materials to be utilized for construction of pipeline and station projects.
- Deliver materials to the construction site and assist in the unloading of materials received from the vendors and Stores Department.
- Assure that all material received is stored in a safe and non-damaging manner and shelter is provided where necessary.
- Maintain schedules of anticipated material deliveries from Stores and Purchasing Departments and various vendors and keeps the Construction Office and other interested parties informed.
- Procures materials not originally ordered from Company warehouse and various suppliers.
- Orders all materials necessary for construction of pipelines using construction drawings and maintains records of materials supplied.
- Investigates discrepancies reported by the Controller’s Department on the difference report.
- Collect, account, and follow proper methods of disposal for unused materials at the completion of projects.
- Collect, account, and follow proper methods of disposal for retired materials as specified in the Environmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collect required reporting information necessary to prepare Company completion reports which are inventories of property units installed or retired.
- Investigate discrepancies reported by the Controller’s Department on the difference report.
What you will need to succeed…
- Minimum of 1 year of experience within the pipeline industry and demonstrated experience following procedures, guidelines and techniques related to materials.
- Able to complete assigned work under limited supervision and demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to drag drawings.
- Own pickup truck (preferred).
- Fundamental understanding of:
- Project lifecycles
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Data analysis.
- Basic smart phone operations (email, Internet, and text).
- API 1169 Certification is recommended but not required for this position.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.