Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Automotive company.
We are looking for a EMC/EMI Engineer to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in EMC/EMI modelling and simulation of EMC components and subsystems for automotive applications
- Experience in Radar/Antenna/Sensor, RCS, and RF modeling and simulation
- Proficient with EM software such as HFSS, FEKO, CST, Savant, Maxwell, JMAG, Q3D, EMCoS/EMC Studio, SPICE
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of antenna/radar/sensors
- Mechatronic control systems development including using MATLAB/Simulink, CarMaker and CarSim software packages
- Experience programming in C, C++, or Python
- Experience in wiring harness, motor, motor resolver modeling and simulation
- Complex power electronic and electrically controlled system development using Sabre, Simplorer
- Proficient with CAE methodologies and common CAE tools including meshing software
- Familiarity with circuit PCB design and layout tools
- Vehicle Dynamics, Active Safety and/or Infotainment systems knowledge and experience
- Participation in Formula/Baja SAE, Formula Hybrid, EcoCar, AutoDrive or similar academic project in an electrical, mechatronics or controls capacity (Applicable to new graduates)
- Product lifecycle engineering experience from concept to production
- Experience in Design Thinking and Creativity
- Lead and support advanced technology projects that develop novel components, systems, and customer-centric features specifically in the RF modelling space.
- Develop project scope, deliverables, timelines, and budget.
- Manage a cross-functional team through a stage gate process to achieve the project milestones.
- Develop new and innovative concepts. Leverage internal expertise (global partners), and external knowledge (global supply base and academia).
- Develop technical specifications and conduct supplier technical reviews to support the supplier selection process.
- Complete proof of concept evaluations and validation.
- Capture project key technological learnings and update Best Practices, Technical Specifications and Bill of Materials.
- Develop subsystem technology development roadmaps to align advanced technology work with the strategic initiatives.
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products in vehicle dynamics, active safety, and connectivity.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.