Our public sector client is seeking a results-oriented individual to perform a variety of administrative and project/program management tasks. While working with a diverse team, you will help in planning and organizing projects/programs and activities as well as carry out important day-to-day duties in the execution of the projects. Assist the project manager(s) with and be responsible for the overall documentation, development, and oversight of project schedules.
– Develop and manage the Integrated IT Project Schedule to monitor and control the IT project portfolio work plans and allocation of project resources
– collaborate with functional groups, project team members, project partners or other stakeholders to ensure the delivery of work tasks according to the project plan
– identify variances and monitor the implementation of corrective actions to accomplish project goals and objectives in line with Client requirements and stakeholder expectations.
– Monitor key milestones and inter project dependencies within the portfolio; tracking compliance to PM methodologies and disciplines (schedules, budgets, charters & deliverables, etc.)
– Track and manage project level issues, risks and action, issues and decisions log (RAID) escalating for resolutions as required
– Track and report on Financial aspects of the portfolio of recurring IT capital projects including updating the Project Spending Reports (PSRs)
– Collect weekly and monthly status reports and reviewing it with PMs for accuracy and compliancy; providing project support as required to Project Managers
– Adhere to program documentation storage and signing off policies and procedures
– Prepare ad-hoc budgeting and reporting data as requested
– Act as an alternate person to manage financial reporting processes
– Create project related reports as required; and performing other related duties as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– 5+ years’ experience in project control in an IT environment or equivalent work experience
– With the last 5 years, Public Sector Experience in a Project Control Officer or Project Coordinator role.
– Knowledge of Project Management Methodology and PMIs PMBOK and an understanding of budgeting, financial and accounting processes and concepts
– Basic knowledge of the ITIL framework
– Must be able to demonstrate initiative through proactive actions as appropriate
– Responsible individual with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
– Outstanding client management/customer service skills
– Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment: must be flexible with shifting priorities and capable of functioning under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
– Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, time management skills, multi-tasking skills, dependability and sound judgment
– Exceptional knowledge and above average proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
– Able to demonstrate initiative through proactive actions as appropriate
– Flexible with shifting priorities and capable of functioning under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
– Possess strong problem solving/analytical skills and have a high level of attention to detail and commitment to work
– Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, time management skills, multi-tasking skills, dependability and sound judgment
– Excellent communication and writing skills
– Project Management Professional (PMP®) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Designation
– Knowledge of OPS Integrated Project Management Framework and Methodology
ABOUT IAN MARTIN
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.