Our Banking client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Translator for a 12+month contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will get to be in the “cool” part of Bank in Digital, nice collaborative office space, Digi Bytes snacks for team including healthy options, yoga on Tuesdays, flex Fridays
The resource will be responsible for the French content intended for mobile applications, online banking, Client.com, and affiliate/subsidiary sites. The role involves more translation/leveraging and updating the existing French content. On occasion they will be translating from English to French and updating French content as required. They will also be checking accuracy, consistency, tone, typographical and grammatical errors of content translated by the vendor.
The English content is provided – must translate or send to vendor, and review to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Deliver concise engaging French content – Perform QA for accuracy, adherence to editorial standards and the Office Québécois de la langue française. Ensure content from vendors, clients and external partners is accurate, meets organizational standards and best practices. The resource will correct errors/omissions and flag them for feedback.
- Work cooperatively with team members, clients and cross-functional teams – Provide in context tweaking. As member of a project team, resource will be required to reword or shorten French to better fit the context and/or meet space requirements. They will perform adhoc emergency translations and contribute to the French Content library, Style Guide and Terminology Database.
- Support the coordination of translation, Québec Legal reviews and French editorial sign off – The resource will be responsible for managing the end to end translation process including liaising with stakeholders, vendors, project teams to make sure all necessary approvals are in place.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- Fluent in French at a native-like level
- Degree in English to French Translation and a few years of experience in a structured environment.
- Background in marketing focused translation
- MS Office – PowerPoint
- Trados Studio
- HP Quality center
- Digital experience
- FI experience is a plus but not necessary
- Accessibility experience
- SEO experience
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- Technical certifications are a plus
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.