- Guelph, Ontario
- $25-$27/ hour. Rate flexibility depends on experience
- Day and Afternoon shifts available
- Day Shift: Monday – Thursday 6:30 am – 4:00 pm and Friday 6:30 am- 3:00 pm
- Afternoon Shift: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm – 3:30am
- CWB preferred, or someone with structural steel experience
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a Custom Steel fabrication facility in Guelph. We are seeking qualified Welders and Fitters due to growth and new and exciting projects in the pipeline. They are a one stop solution provider for Fabrication, Machining, Welding, & Finishing.
As a new Welder or Fitter, you are responsible for:
- Interpret engineered drawings to fabricate a variety of custom structures.
- Must have experience in the fabrication process of large structures with minimal supervision.
- Must have experience working safely with all standard tooling and machinery in the fabrication industry.
- Must possess a high standard of quality in workmanship and be able to fit to tight tolerances.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Completion of High School/High School Diploma or equivalent
- CWB Certification and or Welder Trade Certification
- Should have minimum 3 years of custom fabrication fitting experience
- Set up and Perform SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, air carbon arc gouging etc.
- Must have knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the welding industry
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawing specifications, structural drawings and welding symbols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Forklift/Crane Operator would be an asset
- Practice safe work procedures and follow all health & safety regulations
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sarah is also text friendly at 647-838-2522
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.