We are looking for a Business Analyst on behalf of one of the largest natural gas distributors in North America. IT Business Analyst serves as direct liaison to functional process owners in order to translate and prioritize requirements for assigned area project and maintenance work.
- Responsible for translating high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Assists the business in determining which business requirements can and should be automated and how they are then integrated with other business and technical processes.
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and success criteria.
- Perform project management tasks as needed – determine, assign, track and manage project tasks, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Partner with development team to provide reporting and status on project deliverables.
- Coordinate and participate in Testing activities.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent -4-7 years of systems analysis, programming or other IT related experience.
- Complete understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate technical information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel.
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and suppliers.
- Proficient at operating within a North Americanly distributed team.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.