- Located in Vaughan, Ontario
- Day Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am- 4:30 pm
- Full-time permanent position
- Salary range: $70,000- $85000
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a manufacturing facility that produces HVAC systems for vehicles. With several facilities across the GTA, the Vaughan location is seeking a Maintenance Manager that can ensure the execution of regular preventive maintenance on all manufacturing machines and facility equipment. You are able to organize drawings and prepare drawing packages for employees and contractors on site.
If you have been a team lead, or a supervisor within the maintenance team and are willing to listen and learn from experienced teammates as well as have organization skills to keep them on track and lay out future projects for them, then this opportunity may be a great fit for you!
What will be your job responsibilities?
- Leads a team of Maintenance Technicians to ensure all manufacturing machines and equipment are being maintained in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs high level of machine trouble shooting.
- Involves in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations and updates to current systems, and according to legal requirement as well as oversees a variety of plumbing and carpentry functions.
- Coordinates and monitors contractor activities for projects.
- Sets priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Maintains adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
- Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
- Operates grounds-keeping power equipment and maintain external property.
- Adheres to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, manuals and warranties.
- Responsible for contracting and coordinating snow removal, ice safety, and landscaping of property.
- Organizes invoices and accounts payable
- Prepares monthly reports and budget.
- Prepares capital plan in consultation with maintenance committee.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 5 years of hands-on experience in machine maintenance, preferably have 2 years’ experience in Facility Management.
- Good communication skills, with external contractors and colleagues within the company.
- Knowledge in facility and maintenance management, Building code, fire code, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems.
- Ability to complete work self-directed and to manage a team.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and email
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered an asset
- Drivers license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or an Electrician would be an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Sarah is also text friendly at 647-838-2522
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.