On behalf of Michigan’s largest public utility company, we are looking for a Data Analyst to join their team for a long term contract. The Data Analyst will be expected to provide senior leadership with metrics and insights based on detailed analysis of emerging trends, business performance, and key metrics
- Responsible for complex analysis of business problems.
- Partner with internal business customers to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights.
- Contribute to presentations for senior management.
- Build analytical tools, user-friendly reports, and ad-hoc analyses to support and enable our operational teams.
- Develop a strong knowledge of business processes across our organization in order to provide relevant insights and recommendations to the team.
- Understand business goals and develop analytical solutions to support operational performance reviews and decision making.
- Combine data from multiple sources (SQL databases, Excel files, flat files, etc.) into integrated views that can be used to drive analysis and summarized crisply for executive decision making.
- Propose robust solutions to improve processes and proactively drive opportunities to resolution, both operations & data
- Extensive experience in Tableau, Microsoft SQL and VBA.
- Business Analytics and Optimization experience with sources for support
- Lean/Six Sigma certification
- Energy industry background that includes a working knowledge of effectively mapping technology-to -business
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Accounting, IT, Engineering or related field
- Masters or other advanced degrees, ideally in an Analytics, Mathematics, IT or Business area
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.