Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Cost Control Specialist will have the responsibility for leading the cost control and financial control support of all Capital Projects with the Group. The primary role of this position is to initially prepare cost forecasts, track/monitor all costs associated with the Surface Projects and Studies. We are looking for an intermediate or senior cost controller to join our team. This is a 1 year contract opportunity located in Sudbury.
- Responsible for leading the overall cost control support for the group.
- Creating and managing detailed project information related to cost.
- Support the Project Scheduling team with setting up, tracking and analyzing consultants and contractor’s man-hours and associated costs within the performance management system.
- Reporting project cost to management team for internal reviews, as well as analyzing cost variances and recommending corrective actions to the projects.
- Responsible for reviewing the budget development and project cash flow and cost control from the projects during the development to ensure the project objectives are delivered.
- Support/Review of the application of the Project Change Management procedures.
- Issue budget updates and project cash flow. Prepare forecasts, cost trend reports and monitor cost and budget forecasts.
- Liaise with project team to ensure all project tasks are identified and resource needs are properly estimated for the project.
- Assisting and reviewing the development and implementation of project baseline budgets, cost flows and cash flows.
- Supporting the Scheduler/Planner with the set up and allocation of project budget according to the Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) at the appropriate WBS levels for project tasks.
- Reviewing project scope change and change order requests for proper justification, cost impacts, and adequate budget and funding.
- Coordinating with the Project Document Controller to ensure all deliverables related to the contract were received before proceeding with invoice payments.
- Ensuring that relevant cost management procedures and reporting requirements are incorporated where appropriate.
- Ensure company policies on Budget and Cost Control are being respected and implemented during the execution of the project.
- Review project accounting information and set up the required transfers between the companies business units.
- Support the management team on ensuring project’s adherence to the approved budget.
- Perform ongoing review of the Project’s cost reports and supporting information in the project’s SAP.
- Continuous Improvement and updates of the Project Delivery System for the cost sections.
- 5+ years experience as a cost controller for large capital projects
- Excellent working knowledge with the use of Cost Management databases on Projects. The use of the PRISM database software and the use of SAP will be an asset.
- Construction experience is an asset
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.