We are seeking a Validation/Integration Engineer who manages, inspects, calibrates, tests and modifies the instrumentation, equipment, mechanics and procedures used to manufacture various products for a 6 months contract assignment in Pasadena, CA.
Our client is an international digital security company providing software applications and security to personal devices.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- You oversee and participate in requirements specifications gathering, designing of the solution, and writing of the corresponding documentation
- You define the integration plan, integration test strategy, prepare/execute integration test plan and acceptance plan, and report risks and issues
- You are responsible for integrating products and components that form the entire solution and deploy them to the customer premises
- You are responsible for engaging the cross functional team to remediate technical issues and execute any appropriate resolution
- You ensure smooth handover to support, prepare training materials for administration and operation of the solution, and provide training to trainers or end users
- You may provide support to pre-sales efforts as a subject matter expert where needed
- You may provide higher level L2+ support during business as usual (i.e. post project deployment)
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
- Experience in integration of large software applications- 3+ years.
- Possess a systems engineering background
- Have advanced level Linux and Windows Server user experience
- Have basic knowledge of networking: Web Application Firewall, proxy, and load balancer
- Understand communication protocols (i.e. HTTP/HTTPS, POP/SMTP, FTP/SFTP, Sockets, TCP/IP)
- Possess knowledge of Web Servers and Application Servers (mainly Apache, Wildfly)
- Experienced in troubleshoot multiple concurrence processes
- Possess a good understanding of SAN (e.g. IBM, HP, EMC, Hitachi) and OS failover technology (Linux cluster, Windows cluster)
- Experienced with scripting language, such as Linux Shell, Python
- Possess a good knowledge of Database Server (Oracle and Microsoft SQL enterprise Edition) and writing PL/SQL statements
- VMWare/ESXi (nice to have)
Applicants with bachelor’s degree or above with 3+ year of related work will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.