We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for administering Network and Security protocol for a 6 months contract assignment in Pasadena, CA.
Our client is an international digital security company providing software applications and security to personal devices.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- You will manage the IT operations of the mission critical businesses hosted in the datacenter.
- You will work alongside a group of technical personnel and develop/establish standards and procedures.
- You will manage and administrate: SAN and network (HPE Comware), monitoring and Citrix NetScaler.
- You will lead the analysis, reporting and troubleshooting sessions.
- You will participate in transformation projects that contribute to the Datacenter’s growth.
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a Network role
- Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CISSP
- To succeed at this job, you must have: LAN (HPE Comware 7), WAN, SAN, F5 (LTM & GTM) And Citrix NetScaler.
- Network Security (Cisco ASA, Fortinet, CheckPoint, PalaAlto.
- Experience in integration of large software applications
- Possess a systems engineering background
- Have basic knowledge of networking: Web Application Firewall, proxy, and load balancer
- Understand communication protocols (i.e. HTTP/HTTPS, POP/SMTP, FTP/SFTP, Sockets, TCP/IP)
- Possess knowledge of Web Servers and Application Servers (mainly Apache, Wildfly)
- Experienced in troubleshoot multiple concurrence processes
- Possess a good understanding of SAN (e.g. IBM, HP, EMC, Hitachi) and OS failover technology (Linux cluster, Windows cluster)
- Have strong knowledge in Web service protocols (soap, rest) and testing tools (SoapUI, Postman)
- Possess a good knowledge of networking troubleshooting and monitoring tools, including (where appropriate) Wireshark, Nagios, Kibana, Graphana, and etc.
- VM, P2V knowledge (e.g. VMWare/ESXi)
Applicants with Bachelors Degree or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.