Do you want to work for one of the largest “Utility” companies? They are currently looking for an “Project Manager” to support their facility in Waltham, MA OR Syracuse, NY. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Program Manager provides cross-functional program leadership to implement best practice across internal client Warehouse facilities. They achieve this through the broader application of program management practices or principles to ensure the collective set of program related projects achieve stated benefits. They ensure utilization of project management processes and tools to drive high level collaboration and execution. Their function is essential to ensuring teams define and achieve the objectives and goals required to complete projects on time and budget.
- Oversee a list of dependent projects needed to reach the programs overall goals.
- Drive high level collaboration and coordination with various business functions or joint development efforts with external parties to facilitate the planning process, setting goals & milestones, and creation of comprehensive timelines considering available resources, dependencies, budget, priorities and other constraints.
- Manage 100+ individual implementations across a 12-month period.
- Define, capture, and action project and product risks
- Take ownership of tracking overall team progress and provide detailed management status reports, including KPIs.
- Organize regular team meetings to monitor progress, track and mitigate risks, resolve/escalate issues, and review action items.
- Generate the necessary documentation and assist teams with creating project plans, protocols, reports etc.
- Take ownership of hands-on management and tracking of overall team progress and provide detailed management status reports and updates.
- Interface with external partners and facilitate joint development efforts
- Drive and action Lessons Learned to improve both program and project delivery
- Monitor and track against benefit targets
- Report program status to senior leadership on a bi-weekly basis
- Minimum of 3-5 years of program management experience preferably in Supply Chain related activities
- Certification or formal training in Program or Project Management and experience using a resource management tools is a big plus.
- Strong preference for understanding of Lean 5S methodology
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Experience compiling GANTT charts and project plans.
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project or other.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in addition to having the ability to effectively communicate within the project teams as well as to top level management.
- Excellent organization and time management/multi-tasking skills (comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, operating at both strategic and tactical levels).
- Experience with direct resource management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Ability to motivate a team to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Ability to strive strategic vision
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting but can require 25% travel to visit other company locations
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times to meet deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Project Manager professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.