We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Leader
Resume Due Date: Friday, February 7, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 12 months
Location: Pickering & Bowmanville
- Maintain communication with internal and external stakeholders and assist in the exchange of relevant information as required to meet the project objectives.
- Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like, in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet project objectives.
- Coordinate the preparation of project turnover documentation and ensure completeness.
- Document and address outstanding project deficiencies.
- Visit various site locations, manufacturers, and suppliers as required.
- Be prepared to observe plant sites and installations in Canada.
- Maintain awareness of, and keep all project parties informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedures.
- Review and maintain awareness of all corporate and local procedures pertinent to project control and administration.
- Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved.
- Participate in programs to dispose of surplus equipment which become available, consequent to cancelled construction projects, such as unused turbines, generators and the like or are being disposed of as part of a project.
- Meet with potential buyers and confirm acceptance of equipment in lieu of other purchases.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Knowledge of project management principles required, specifically the 5 primary project phases (Identification, Initiation, Definition, Execution, Closeout).
- Knowledge of economics and business principles to provide project cost estimates and forecasts.
- 4 year university degree in a related discipline and completion of post-secondary courses in project management or economics preferred.