Shop Millwright Technician
- Burlington, Ontario
- $35 to $40 per hour, OT after 8 hours daily
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Permanent, Full-Time; Company-paid Benefits
- Certification of Qualification Required
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a well-established and leading solutions provider of Material Handling Equipment. They have a large inventory of cranes and provide installations and service to their clients. They have experienced tremendous growth and need an experienced Shop Millwright Technician to join their team and help support their in-house needs.
As their new Shop Millwright Technician, you love tearing a machine down to it's nuts and bolts. You could spend all day taking them apart and build them back. You have a mechanic mindset and enjoy putting them back together – only better!
You have experience in inspect, assess and repair electric chain hoists, manual chain hoists, air hoists, wire rope hoists, crane bridge drives, trolley motors, trolley gearboxes, hoist motors, hoist gearboxes, and other overhead crane related products. You like working in heavy-duty trades, don’t mind working 50 hours a week and able to maintain a positive attitude when having to overcome a challenge.
You will be…
- Inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions of crane equipment
- Utilize experience to analyze and determine the extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts to resolve malfunctions
- Test repaired equipment for the proper performance
- Constantly utilizing problem-solving skills
- Communicate with other technicians and management on a daily basis
- Work under time constraints and under pressure
- Ensure company’s and customers safety policies and procedures are always followed
Why this is the right job for you…
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience or working in a manufacturing experience
- Certification of Qualification in 433A Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) or 309A or 442A Electrician
- Capable of full teardowns and rebuilds of gearboxes and motors
- Ability to operate material handling equipment
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude; willingness to learn
- Able to work well independently, under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- A positive person that is approachable with strong communication skills and excellent team player
- Able to maintain a commitment to safety always
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.