We are looking for an Industrial Control System Engineer on behalf of one of the largest natural gas distributors in North America. The Industrial Control System Engineer is responsible for the analysis, review, development, maintenance and implementation of automation and control systems used in and by a compressor station control center.
- Is an active participant in planning and implementing the HMI upgrade project (Wonderware Archestra to AVEVA (WW) Edge.
- Works with other team members as well as Field Operators and Technicians to improve efficiency and support necessary changes.
- Understands P&IDs, loop drawings, instruments, and equipment specifications.
- Performs break-fix and troubleshooting support Local HMI applications and their related infrastructure including business interfaces, remote devices, HMI network, and hardware platforms.
- Provides technical support for Local HMI applications at compressor stations.
- It also helps to ensure work is completed in an efficient manner and supports project schedule milestones.
- Assists in the checkout, commissioning and startup.
- Assists with the development of support procedures and training.
- Communicates and coordinates with Project Engineer and Project Lead.
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's’ Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or like.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong emphasis on experience with AVEVA (Wonderware) Edge.
- Experience with Linux operating system (Debian)
- Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems equipment such as PLC’s and RTU’s.
- Experience in natural gas midstream operations is a plus.
- Azure Cloud certification is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in Wonderware Archestra will be helpful for transition purposes.
Additional Requisition Description:
- The position interfaces with other HMI Developers, field personnel and business users of field data.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.