Our Utility client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Gas Accounting Analyst for a 12+month contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join an exciting project.
• Preparation of month-end closing journal entries
• Preparation of monthly accounts reconciliations
• Preparation of quarterly Reporting and Record Keeping Requirements (RRR) schedules
• Completion of monthly Quarterly Rate Adjustment Mechanism (QRAM) schedules and submission to the OEB on a quarterly basis
• Organize/lead QRAM discussion meetings on a quarterly basis.
• Participate in meetings with Gas Supply, Regulatory and Finance groups to discuss QRAM calculations and expected balances within Schedules filed with the OEB
• Update SAP pricing on a quarterly basis with OEB approved QRAM rates
• Preparation of monthly local production GPA statements.
• Preparation of monthly local production SOX controls reporting package
• Assist with maintaining, updating and documenting internal control policies and procedures within the Finance Department
• Ensure adherence to the Gas Cost key and non-key SOX controls
• Work directly with internal, external, and SOX auditors during reviews and the quarterly/annual audit engagements
• Provide Subject Matter Expert advice for project work such as the Cost of Gas initiative and ERP
• University Degree
• A minimum of 1-2 years of technical accounting and analytical experience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willing to work under pressure and some overtime to meet tight reporting deadlines
• Team player, results oriented and attentive to details
• Ability to work with a remote team
• Proven excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excel skills
Nice to haves:
• Experience and knowledge of SAP, Oracle, and BPC
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Industry or regulated environment experience
• Minimal travel may be required
• Must be available to work overtime as the demands of the position dictate
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.