Are you an experienced full stack Java Developer who is looking to join a small, dynamic team and play a critical role in the creation of robust code for a fresh and exciting User Interface migration? If so, we want to get to know you better.
This position requires strong communication skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a team of 5, and a strong customer service orientation. You will work with other members of the IT team and representatives from the business to deploy enhancements and new functionality to a mortgage insurance underwriting system as well as supporting applications
The position offers a competitive base salary, 100% medical and dental benefits that will start from Day One and an annual bonus scheme. If this sounds interesting, then please review the requirements of the role and the experience you would need to bring to the position to be successful.
- Ability to accurately review and assess documentation, including technical designs, task breakdowns, effort estimations, updates, testing and peer code reviews
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, i.e. experience taking ownership of problems and coordinating solutions involving multiple resources. Prior leadership experience would be an asset
- An understanding of the importance of securing sensitive information as well as ensuring the integrity of the systems being managed
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively with technical professionals as well as users and others who are non-technical experts
- Demonstrated ability to listen and understand, and to establish and maintain effective relationships with users
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to follow problems through to resolution
- Initiative and creativity to develop new approaches or solutions
- Ability to work independently and take accountability for the quality of work
- Equally able to work effectively and collaboratively as a team member, sharing information and ideas in a timely manner
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fastpaced, time-sensitive environment
- Ability and commitment to acquire new skills and improve knowledge and competencies.
Required Technical Skills:
- College level Diploma or University Degree in a related field, or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing and maintaining Java based web applications
- Experience with React
- Experience with REST Services
- Experience with JDBC
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with Tomcat
- Experience with Linux
- Availability outside of business hours to deploy new builds (once every 1-3 months)
- Availability outside of business hours to help troubleshoot critical production issues.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.