We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Engineering Lead
Resume Due Date: Wednesday February 12, 2020
Project: Turbine Generator
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 3 years
- Responsible for the management and control of a Turbine Generator Controls Upgrade Project to address station production and safety issues, ensuring the achievement of employee/contractor accountability and ownership through effective project leadership.
- Undertake the organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of the project, including concept design, construction, installation, commissioning, system integration and field work, on a day or shift basis, in a turnkey fashion.
- Prepare a strategic framework which identifies, defines and documents all issues that are important to the success of the designated project.
- Prepare project strategy documents which detail aspects of the project including goals/objectives, organization, scope, cost and schedule, and roles and responsibilities.
- Monitor project and report to Supervisor, at the project level.
- Ensure that all participants clearly understand the requirements, roles and scope of the project, thereby promoting the team-building process.
- Highlight areas of support, resources, and timeliness in order to ensure project success.
- Prepare, monitor and control the Level 1 project schedule. Implement and administer scope change control.
- Meet with consultants and contractors before and after contract awards to clarify the intent of such contracts.
- Where appropriate, influence the same to change their methods to ones more suitable to the Corporation, at minimum cost to the Corporation.
- Provide consultative services to coordinate work assignments, team activities, logical relationships and to verify tool design/ specifications.
- Prepare and present the vision of the project to senior staff from other departments within the division, typically cross-functional.
- Discuss concerns regarding design, method of operation and timeliness, where differences of opinion exist, influencing these contacts to adopt operational/technological changes to ensure project success.
- Maintain liaison with external groups, regulatory bodies and agencies and cooperate in exchanging engineering and other relevant data as required to meet the project objectives.
- Arrange and as appropriate, chair meetings involving groups concerned with a given project.
- Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet the project objectives.
- 8+ years of experience is considered necessary to gain the experience for this role. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in engineering, or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Individual requires significant experience with turbine and/or excitation control systems, in Design and/or Project function.
- Experience with GE ALSPA Controsteam and/or Controgen system is considered an asset.
- Requires knowledge of physics, engineering, mathematics and chemistry as related to design requirements stress, materials and total system performance for proposed major facilities and components.
- Requires a knowledge of construction/installation methods as related to major installations.
- Requires a knowledge of business processes to provide cost estimates and trends concerning generating station design, construction and commissioning.
- Requires a knowledge of English both oral and in written form, to communicate effectively, and to be able to prepare concise reports.
- Requires experience in the design, development and operations of a nuclear generation facility to plan and develop engineered solutions and to evaluate/verify components and materials.
- Requires experience to become familiar with plant systems/processes involved in the design, construction, installation and commissioning associated with an industrial environment.
- Requires generalized experience to appreciate manufacturing and supply techniques.
- Requires experience in project management to effectively schedule events and control project scope and cost.
- Requires experience to coordinate project staff efforts and that of other work groups to meet project objectives and to create and sustain a positive, team environment.