- Stoney Creek, Ontario
- $25 to $28/hour flexible with experience
- Day Shift: 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Afternoon Shift: 4:00pm – 2:30
- Temp-to-Permanent position
- Welding experience required: GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, SAW
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a well-established boiler & pressure vessel service company. This reputable organization manufactures pressure vessels, heat exchangers & boiler parts. Due to growth, we are adding several Welder/Fitters to the team
As their new Welder/Fitter, you will be required to layout, cut, fit and weld parts into pressure vessels, fabricate and assemble pipe, fittings, flanges and weld. You are someone that enjoys a challenge, reliable and you can develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and management.
Your day to day responsibilities…
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as (GTAW) tungsten arc, (GMAW) gas metal arc and flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and (SMAW) shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and (SAW) submerged arc welding
- Layout, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and rulers.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assemble, and welding operations
- Determine required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Develop templates and other work aids to hold and align parts
- Heat, form, and dress metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment
- Remove rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Monitor the fittings, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts, of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials
- Follow safety procedures/rules and participating in safety awareness programs and training.
- Operate all equipment safely and always keeping safe work habits a priority
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, bolting, or grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product
- Operate drill presses, power saws, grinders, metal lathes, Shear, break press and a variety of other welding equipment and hand tools
- Experience with some or all welding processes GTAW (TIG), GMAW, SMAW, and SAW
- Experience with 300 Series Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel Material and any others
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (647) 838-2522 .
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.