This role is responsible for purchasing Services for the operations, projects and the corporate offices; aiming to assure the supply of Services for business continuity at the lowest total cost of ownership possible while maintaining industry best practice standards of safety, delivery time and quality
- Meet the requirements of our internal customers in accordance with the pre-established SLA’s
- Achieve improvements in supplier cost, delivery and quality in accordance with appropriate procurement strategies
- Work with team members and other stakeholders to develop competitive tenders (RFP's, RFI's and RFQ's)
- Analyze the submitted bids/proposals from a commercial perspective and negotiate contract terms and conditions which are favourable to the company and seek to reduce the risk exposure
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and conduct business in a confident, objective, and diplomatic manner
- Administer all jobs, contracts and related documentation with due diligence and integrity, adhering to all legal and company policies and procedures.
- Process requisitions for procurement of services.
- Maintain compliance with safety plans
Major challenges in performing this job are ensuring that you manage your time properly to meet internal KPI and SLA requirements while balancing the needs of the business. Contract Administrators are required to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and also must provide good customer service at all times.
Education/Certification: University or Community College Graduate in Accounting or other associated Business discipline or equivalent. Consideration will be given to candidates with business related courses. Certification in a professional association (CPP, CMA, CA, CGA, P.Eng) is an asset.
Related Employment Experience: minimum 2 years in related roles (internal or external) is required. Such roles might include: Buyers, procurement officers, contract administrators, category managers, etc.
Skills: General Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office business applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Ellipse, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project Adobe Writer. Working knowledge of Oracle for procurement, specifically the Oracle Procurement Module. Proficiency in Quest
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of supply chain management, inventory methodologies and principles, Mining, Milling and Refining processes as it pertains to procurement and warehouse operations
- Excellent communication skills / demonstrated skilled negotiator
- Demonstrated analytical skills / interprets market, customer, and business variables
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.