The successful candidate will be responsible for providing senior level support and expertise in purchasing materials, equipment and services for operations and projects implementations, aiming to assure the supply of items for business continuity, at the lowest total cost of ownership possible, achieving industry best practice standards of delivery time and quality of products and services.
- Lead and execute procurement processes including:
- Plan purchases / defining supply terms and strategies
- Competitive bidding preparation
- Commercial evaluation of proposals, including value analysis, TCO (total cost of ownership) and business case analysis
- Documentation Control / Commercial Contract Management
- Implementation of legal contracts when required
- Participate on the elaboration of materials and service purchase planning along with stakeholders, through the use of in-depth market analysis, consumption history, etc.
- Information collection, critical analysis, market supply evaluations, developing and implementation plans for suppliers in potential risk (like insolvency, breach of contract)
- Establishing priority of purchase demands through the consolidation of information, such as criticality of the categories
- Analyze portfolio to recommend/execute generation of a sourcing plan for technical purchases, according to company’s timeline
- Manage system and supplier issues data base, based on information provided by Line of Business, and create reports for analysis
- Execute a sourcing plan for technical purchases, according to company timelines.
- Build an understanding of suppliers’ facilities and production processes, along with the facilities and production process with the goal of identifying supply chain opportunities.
- Work with departments (internal customers, DIDS) in the development and approval of new suppliers and products.
- Recommend competitive suppliers in alignment with category strategies, and stakeholders (vendor management area, requisitioning area, safety, etc)
- Knowledge of supply chain and document controls to facilitate the operational integration with suppliers, through documented contracts
- Interface between users and procurement for resolution and mitigation of risk of claims from suppliers
- Lead and/or participate on multifunction teams (internally) to execute purchasing, aiming to meet internal customer needs (quality, terms etc.), specifications improvement, monitoring tests of new materials and their post-acquisition application by users.
- Lead and/or participate in synergy meetings (externally) with the customers and suppliers with the objective to capture future demands that will impact the operation and the stock level, identify items for inclusion and revise criticality of stock items; includes review of supplier performance with recommended action to address issues or deficiencies
- Develop new and manage existing relationships with companies supplying goods or services to our company
- Assure availability of goods and services that demand continuous supply trough follow up of existing contracts and or review for contract amendment or renewal
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators to understand key suppliers performance
Education/Certification: Undergraduate Degree required in Business or related discipline (Commerce, Engineering, Legal). MBA, Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) and/or certification through Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) are desirable.
Related Employment Experience: 3-7 years progressive experience in related roles (internal or external) is required. Such roles might include: Buyers, procurement officers, contract administrators, category managers, etc.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Access), Adobe and Internet. Working knowledge of procurement systems including SAP. Database management is also an asset.
Leadership experience, demonstrated negotiation skills, inventory and warehousing experience, proficient knowledge of contract law, sales tax, customs procedures, as well as duty and transportation options is an asset.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
Knowledge of supply chain management, inventory methodologies and principles, Mining, Milling and
Refining processes as it pertains to procurement and warehouse operations
Excellent communication skills / demonstrated skilled negotiator
Demonstrated analytical skills / interprets market, customer, and business variables
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.