The Ian Martin Group is seeking Accountant for a 12+ Months contract assignment in Pasadena, CA. Working as part of a team, you will be responsible on collecting customer accounts receivable, reconciling bank accounts, other balance sheet accounts, and maintaining fixed asset records.
Our client is an international digital security company providing software applications and security to personal devices.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
Looking for someone with:
- Hybrid/Dual Role of bank reconciliation and collections.
- Must Have Experience completing Bank statement Reconciliations – be able to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Experience posting entries to General Ledger
- Credit collections (responsible for own portfolio on accounts, and make sure payments are met.)
- MUST HAVE: ADVANCED EXCEL SKILLS (pivot tables, pivot charts, create and run macro tools, VLOOKUP formulas, count if formulas, if-then)
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Perform collection calls and prepare customer-based correspondences.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process customer payments and refunds, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts and perform heavy account reconciliation.
- Accountable for reducing and avoiding delinquency of assigned customer accounts.
- Enlist the efforts of Sales and Management when necessary to accelerate collection solutions.
- Reconcile bank accounts, prepaid expenses and other balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain records for fixed assets including tagging, disposals, additions & retirements.
- Review and analyze monthly depreciation schedule.
- Assist with the unapplied cash and escheatment resolution effort, including research of customer or vendor accounts to identify and resolve potential discrepancies.
- Respond to incoming customer questions emailed to group email address monitored by the team.
- Perform special projects as needed.
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree or above and Proficient in Advanced MS Excel skills: Pivot Table, Vlookup, Formula functions (If-then, macros, sum if, ABS) will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.