We are seeking a PCB Design Engineer who will be responsible creating complex Land patterns from mechanical drawings using Cadence Allegro in a fast-paced design environment for a 12+ months contract assignment in Irvine, CA.
Our client is an international digital security company providing software applications and security to personal devices.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Interface with mechanical and electrical design engineering and team members within Product Development department to coordinate the releases of new products, including establishing goals, programs and platforms, participate in LRU failure evaluations, analysis and provide recommendations to improve PCB testability, reliability and robustness.
- Use latest schematic capture software, specially OrCad to generate parts for PCBs and update/maintain libraries, link schematic capture files to PC board layout.
- PCB layout and routing of PCB designs including mixed signal, high-speed digital, high-current for both existing and new products
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
- Minimum 7+ years designing circuit boards
- Design high speed circuit boards and components
- Create Stack ups
- Must be familiar with IPC standards (certifications a plus)
- Must Have Software Experience: OrCad, Allegro, AutoCAD
- Experience in manufacturing, avionics, high speed design, power supplies, signal integrity
Applicants with Associate degree or above with related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.