We are looking for a Project Controls Lead on behalf of one of the largest natural gas distributors in North America. Project Controls Lead is accountable for the delivery of project control services for their assigned portfolio
- As the primary point of contact, the project controls lead coordinates with project managers and functional leads and is an integral part of the project teams.
- The project controls lead provides technical support and supervisory guidance to planners/schedulers and cost controllers while assuring consistent implementation of project control policies and procedures within their portfolios.
- The role will require the support of natural gas projects throughout the US with a wide range of scope, schedule and budgets supporting both system expansion and operations maintenance activities.
- Project duration will range from short term (3-6 months) to long term (1- 3 years) and small scale budgets ($100K – $5MM) to large scale budgets ($20-40MM).
- Support project teams in implementation of company project controls procedures.
- Ensure that tools, controls, and processes are effective, efficient and reliable for tracking, forecasting and managing project goals related to project controls.
- Cost report, forecast and variance analysis.
- Oversight and interpretation of EVM analysis and Support and verification of field construction cost and schedule status and forecasting reporting.
- Cash forecast validation and variance analysis
- Schedule report and variance analysis
- Support PMO in the identification and analysis of lessons learned; risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Change management procedures; monthly capital accrual verification.
- Seasoned professional with at least 10 years' experience in Project Controls.
- Supervisory skills to manage a team of 5-7 people.
- Occasional travel to project sites.
- Oversee development, implementation, and evolution of Project Controls Plans
- Support project managers in preparation of key deliverables required for project lifecycle stage gate reviews
- Perform cost control and Schedule activities on an as-needed basis
- Review project controls workload and resource requirements and communicates required changes to project controls supervisor
- Integrate cost control and scheduling functions, promote positive engagement of project controls team members
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or comparable University Degree, or Diploma of Technology combined with applicable experience.
Professional/Technical Certification or Licenses:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Cost Professional (CCP)
- Microsoft Office.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Experience with EcoSys and SAP