Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Cost Analyst to provide support on project cost management for the Project Manager and Project Controls Advisor.
This is a 6-month contract located in Edmonton, Alberta.
How you will bring value…
- Follow standardized practices and existing processes created for the Programs group.
- Provide analysis and support to the project teams related to the reporting of costs, project progress per WBS, and earned value measurements.
- Interfacing with required groups to ensure invoices are received, coded to the correct project, and sent to the proper approver.
- Work independently and be responsible for making decisions based on the group’s procedures, guidelines and interpretation of contractual documents.
What you will be doing…
- Required to record, track and maintain all submissions related to cost, progress and change.
- Update and maintain earned value reports for all major scopes of work daily.
- Review and record the daily time tickets for cost and man hour information.
- Review and record the daily progress for earned value reporting.
- Conduct critical analysis of project costs and budget.
- Interface with contractors to ensure they are provided with correct rates and estimates for updating reports.
- Interface with inspectors to ensure they are providing accurate documentation for updating reports.
- Review and validate invoices to ensure that dates and amounts are in agreement with contract terms.
- Work with internal invoice system and the Accounts Payable group to ensure invoices are coded properly and sent to the appropriate approver.
- Compilation of scheduled and ad hoc reporting as required by the project personnel.
- Attend and participate in program and contractor update meetings.
- Be an active participant of the program team, working closely with project managers and Project Controls Analysts.
- Comply with all client’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Other applicable trainings.
What you will need to succeed…
- Technical diploma, or formal training in regards to Scheduling, Estimating, Cost Controls, and Planning required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience related to cost and/or scheduling is required, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Software Experience:
- Microsoft Office programs (Advanced Excel user, proficient in Word, Project).
- A basic understanding of scheduling principles including data input.
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Markview Invoicing would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Desire to advance in the field of Project Controls by taking on more challenges.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload independently, bring issues forward and develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.