Our public sector client is seeking a results-oriented individual to support the organization through transformational initiatives, which will drive process improvement and efficiency, and enable the organization to better serve their internal clients better. While working with a diverse team you will lend your expertise to support transformation within IT and HR.
– Facilitate the build of the client’s change management framework.
– Strategically apply a structured change management approach and methodology to various initiatives.
– Identify and recommend areas of change and develop an organization change management plan based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
– Conduct readiness assessments, including resistance and performance gaps, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
– Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and identify specific actions to mitigate or address the concerns.
– Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans including communication plans, sponsor support plans, coaching plans, and resistance management plans.
– Execute aspects of organizational change management with a structured and proactive approach, identifying opportunities for change management interventions and recommending actions.
– Coach various levels of staff in supporting change efforts.
– Create and manage metrics and measure to track knowledge transfer and change outcomes.
– Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– Post-secondary undergraduate degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis on organizational change management.
– 5+ years of progressive experience in a organization change management role.
– Change management certification or designation such as Prosci Certified Change Practitioner or ACMP Certified Change Management Professional required.
– Prior experience working in the education/public sector is an asset.
– Demonstrated experience and knowledge of organization change management principles, methodologies and tools.
– A solid understanding of how people go through change and the change process.
– Organization-wide change management implementation experience within large scale projects and organizational transformation initiatives
– Solid understanding of project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project life cycle and the intersects and alignment with people change management initiatives.
– Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
– Strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal abilities.
– Exceptional verbal and written communication.
– Strong presentation and facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to engage diverse audiences and encourage learning.
– Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.