Do you want to work for one of the largest “Power Generation” companies? They are currently looking for an “Technical Writer” to support their facility in Wilmington, NC. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The project support individual is responsible for providing support to, and collaborating with, engineers to produce new and existing technical specifications, reports, manuals, presentations, procedures and other documents in support of new commercial nuclear reactor projects. This includes technical document reviews for formatting and adherence to document standards. This individual may assist in all areas of configuration management to include Requirements Management, Design Control, Document and Records Management, and Issue and Change Management.
- Provide technical writing support to, and updates for, new and existing assigned documentation.
- Ensure project deliverables are executed on time with high quality and within budget.
- Work with industry and customer standards to develop quality and user-friendly formats and templates for future publications.
- Edit and manage technical documentation in support of business products creating documentation that is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the creation and implementation of documentation.
- Become familiar with applicable products, services, concepts, practices, requirements, and procedures.
- Prioritize, organize, and complete multiple activities, meeting established deadlines. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish activities.
- Collect, analyze, and compile information from various resources, for use in creation or editing of procedures, reports, and documents.
- Manage review and approval of documents including comment resolution.
- Develop documents that are organized, succinct, compliant, and meet internal and external deadlines; edit documents for consistency, clarity, grammar, syntax, format, and compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Create, manage, and maintain websites, libraries, storage repositories, workflows, newsletters, etc., as assigned. Process engineering changes through appropriate data management systems.
- Work to and update project schedules on a regular basis.
- Perform requirements traceability and publishing, as required.
- Support input into the Product Lifecycle Management System (PLM) and the Nuclear Collaboration System. Perform records management type functions and records maintenance activities, as assigned.
- Perform training to other staff members on CM functions, as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or an associate degree working towards a Bachelor’s degree and with experience in technical writing).
- Desired experience in one of the following:
- Technical writing in a nuclear business environment, quality assurance, engineering, or computer technology.
- Experience with developing new content from a variety of resources such as product specifications, interviews with technical subject experts, etc.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in using computer applications. Experience in word processing, presentation packages, databases, and spreadsheet packages. Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel; familiarity with Adobe software to be able to create/modify PDF files. MS Word mastery is required.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Contract Strategy Specialist, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.