Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Senior SCADA Applications Specialist who provides support in the delivery of SCADA related projects. This is a 10-month contract located in Calgary, Alberta.
How you will bring value…
This Individual will leverage their advanced experience with ICS projects, SCADA applications, databases, interfaces, scripting, and real-time critical control environments to successfully delivery timely and high-quality solutions and components.
What you will be doing…
- Responsible for the completion of assigned tasks and deliverables within capital projects. This includes aspects of technical leadership such as leading technical teams or third-parties in their delivery.
- Identify, assess, and recommend solutions or improvements
- Lead and/or participate, as a senior resource, in the analysis, configuration, modifying, testing, implementation, documentation and training of system functionality
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy, security, and reliability of systems
- Design / modify SCADA displays and reports, keeping with industry best practices for control room management
- Ensure that standards and best practices in the delivery of the project components are followed
- Create schedules and plans and identify milestones in conjunction with the project requirements Program Support
Provides technical and project leadership and mentorship to less experienced technical and project professionals on the team.
Project deliverables may include:
- Work plans and schedules
- Technical solution identification, assessment, recommendations, testing, and deployment
- Progress reporting
- Test and quality assurance records
- Technical documentation
- Drawings, sketches, schemas
What you will need to succeed…
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automation/Instrumentation Technology, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience with a pipeline environment.
- 10+ years of working experience on CygNet SCADA Application.
- 5+ years of working knowledge of RTU, PLC and End Devices communication protocols.
- 5+ years of working knowledge of SCADA IT infrastructure including network, workstations and servers.
- Proven ability with work management and management of changes processes.
- Working knowledge Project execution and process workflow execution.
- 5+ years of working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise environment and the security architecture.
- Previous project experience delivering SCADA, HMI, and other ICS solutions.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills using Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
- Experience with Backup and Disaster and Recovery procedures.
- Working knowledge of VMware tools and virtual environments.
- Proven relationship development and management.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, communications, and problems solving skills including root cause analysis.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong network administration skills.
- Familiarity with OPC, MODBUS, and BSAP telemetry protocols.
- Proficiency in database administration.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.