Our Oil & Gas Client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Materials Coordinator for a 12-month contract role.
What you will be doing…
- Coordinate all project materials under direction of the Construction Superintendent
- Update the Bill of Material (BOM) in ProjectWise with material delivery status for each project
- Check / verify condition of materials such as fittings, valves, and pipe for defects, strength requirements, sizing, etc. to ensure that they match the BOM
- Assist with scheduling material delivery and pick up
- Liaison with procurement representatives as it relates to project materials
- Set-up and maintain daily communications with the Inspector, Construction Superintendent, and project manager, regarding material coordination
- Assist the inspection staff with any specific material problems that they may encounter
- Track company ordered material to assure they remain on schedule
- Receive materials and coordinate inspection
- Manage the material warehouse and storage facility for Engineering Construction projects
- Manage and dispose of surplus materials
- Work between procurement, design, and construction to ensure that materials have been identified, ordered and received on schedule and to resolve material issues during construction.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
- 1-3 years’ work experience in a related field.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a technical or related field
- Mechanical aptitude
- Highly organized
- Strong computer skills and comfortable using the computer daily
Nice to Have
- Previous warehousing experience is an asset
- Experience working with SAP would be an asset
- Forklift license would be an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.