Our Banking client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Senior Developer for a 6-month contract role(with high chance of extension).
The successful candidate has experience in building real time applications with strong skills in Unix and database.
***70% of current deliverables will be focused with RDMS in UNIX environments* – as the migration continues the development will change to feeding data with server-side language Java***
What you will be doing…
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
- 7 + years experience with Unix/Linux environment and proficient in shell scripting
- 5 + years experience with RDMS including: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Sybase
- 5 + years of experience in Java programming (minimum 2-year Java 8)
- 2 + years experience with Capital Markets and/or Fixed Income trading platforms (specifically ION/MMI is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with various team members and stakeholders.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Messaging Bus technologies like Kafka, MQ and JMS.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.