The successful candidate will be responsible for Day to day duties and deliverables as follows:
• Responsible for implementation on a day to day basis of a strong health and safety culture in line with Safety and Health and Environment management system.
• Responsible for the management of commissioning groups work on site.
• Ensures the commissioning set-up, including of pre-testing and vendor assistance, and process commissioning is efficiently executed to satisfy of commissioning objectives.
• Provide direction and support to the Commissioning Lead of the different commissioning groups they can plan for the execution of Commissioning activities week(s) in advance.
• Ensure completion of check sheets and related paperwork that facilitates turnover of a sub-system to the operating group is completed.
• Report weekly into database program to report on commissioning progress and bottlenecks on a sub-system level.
• Report daily on Commissioning Progress. Attend daily project meeting.
• Report Weekly on weekly progress. Attend and present at weekly management meeting.
• Assist in mitigation plans to overcome any schedule slippages resulting in identified commissioning shortfalls.
• Participate in weekly schedule meetings to modify the Primavera schedule so it accurately reflects the planned turnover date and tracks commissioning progress.
• Monitor completion of outstanding construction and commissioning punches and turnover readiness.
• Communicate and work collaboratively with various project disciplines – including other commissioning groups, Commissioning support groups, Vale project engineering, QA and construction disciplines.
Essential Skills / Qualifications & Assets:
• 5 or more years of experience of as a leader managing Commissioning team activities in large scale (1 Billion +) industrial projects.
• 5 or more years of experience as a Commissioning & Start up Lead. Experience in roles operational and/or maintenance superintendent/manager or QA inspector will be considered when evaluating the candidates experience.
• Electrical or Mechanical trades designation with working experience in heavy industry is considered an asset.
• Previous field level experience in directing a multi skilled team to support the Commissioning and Start-up of equipment on large capital projects.
• Previous field level leadership for field execution and testing experience on large projects.
• Previous experience on led Commissioning/Start-up efforts is seen as an asset.
• Comfortable working in a team-based environment while possessing the ability to manage and prioritize day to day duties and deliverables.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the use MS Excel & Outlook.
• Strong Organization Skills
Strong Communication Skills, both Written & Oral.
Work Site and Schedule · Position is based in Voisey’s Bay, the shift schedule is 2 weeks in 2weeks out, working 12hr days, for the 14days on site. The rotation / shift / schedule may change to meet the needs of the project execution effort. You may be expected to work from the St. John’s office from time to time. · The place of work will be Voisey’s Bay Site in Labradour, as a fly in / fly out operation, all employees will be flown to/from designated pick up / drop off points in Newfoundland and Labrador on VNL’s chartered service to site at no cost.
On behalf of our client, Ian Martin recognizes the Impact & Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation & the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu & Innuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey’s Bay Site.
Candidates may also apply through their Aboriginal Employment Coordinator.
The Ian Martin Group is an equal opportunity employer.