We are seeking a Tax Accountant who will be responsible for preparing interim and year end income tax provisions for a 6 months contract to hire assignment in Belcamp, MD.
Our client is a multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Reviewing U.S. federal, state, and Canadian corporate income tax returns in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparing miscellaneous tax filings
- Supporting the close process and other general accounting functions including account analysis, reconciliation, the generation and posting of entries in the ERP system
- Calculating, review and file quarterly tax estimates and extension payments
- Assisting with cash tax forecasting and other modeling projects as needed
- Developing and streamline procedures and worksheets.
- Document and monitor internal tax controls
- Handling audits, by providing information and defending the Company’s tax position
- Maintaining tax records and respond to data requests of external advisors.
- Assisting the Sr. Tax Manager in daily corporate tax functions such as addressing notices, handling tax payments and mailings, and communicating with other business associates
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
- 2-6 years of experience in tax accounting, has experience with ERP systems, such as Oracle, Magnitude, or SAP.
- manually calculate tax returns, and not depend on the software to automate it
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other office locations.
- Preferred: if you have a CPA or seeking CPA certification, along with Big Four or a mix of public and industry experience.
- You should be fluent in English.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft software programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Applicants with Bachelors Degree or above with related experience will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.